Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My First Award!

Today was the first day back to school and of coarse, that means back to work for me. My class is wonderful, but the first day is always exhausting. However, I immediately perked up when I got home and checked my blog. I received an email from a great blogger saying that she has given me an award. MY VERY FIRST BLOG AWARD! I was so excited that I too did a happy dance!

So...you all need to check out Marie's blog "The Things We Find Inside". (Look for the link button on the right side of my blog) She is the wonderful blogger who bestowed this amazing award on to me. She has generously helped me with my blog and her site is marvelous. Tastefully done with great features! Marie.....my students would say the same thing...You Rock!

To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award and answer the 10 questions and pass it along to 6 other blogs :)




1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now? I don't blog anonymously. I don't give my last name ( to be on the safe side) and I use my childhood family nickname Mandy, which is short for my given name Amanda.

2.Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side. Well...I'm a Libra, so I am looking for that balance in life. I can't remember one particular incident off hand, but when it comes to my writing, I won't just put something on paper until it is exactly how I want it, even if it takes me until 3 in the morning!

3.What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
A woman trying for balance and yet still reaching for a dream.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Oh...that's an easy one....strawberry daiquiri!

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Read in the sunshine, preferably by an ocean!

6.Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
Well....perhaps write that romance novel. And travel with my husband all over Europe...see the world and its many people.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching? I was always a very good student. I was a bit shy and found it difficult to make friends in the beginning of high school. I am much more confident and outspoken now. However, I still have that shy side to me if you plunk me in a room with strangers.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see? The birth of my first child. Unforgettable.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events? I believe when someone writes, they cannot help but reveal something about themselves. When I review books, I always talk about how the story made me feel, how it affected me. Ultimately, although I am talking about someone else's words, I am revealing much about my own self.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? Mmm....hard one! Sometimes, I just want to curl up and be alone with the characters in a book. Yet other times, I long to enjoy the sound of a friend's voice and laughter. I guess it depends on my mood.

Now, the award needs to be passed on to 6 people. Here are my choices:

1. Heather at Acting Balanced
2. CMash Loves To Read
3. Crazy Bookworm
4. Romance Book Junkies
5. Mad About Romance
6. Bookhounds

5 comments:

  1. Hi there Mandy! I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award!
    You can check it out here!

    http://booknoise411.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Happy Reading!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw in my google reader that you had received your first award and popped over to congratulate you...Congratulations!!! And to my surprise, and amazement, I saw that you had passed it on to me. Thank you so much. This is a new award for me so am excited. This may have been your 1st award but, seeing your blog, there will be many more in your future.
    Again...Congratulations and Thank you!!
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on ur first award!
    Love your blog and am now following.
    Found u thru CMash!

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks so much for the award! That was so nice of you. And thanks for following the Crazy Bookworm. I love your blog also, it has so much to offer! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandy, congratulations on your first award and I'm very flattered you've passed it on to me. Thank you!

    I love your blog and will be stopping by regularly to explore.

    All the best
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All Images from MagicalReality Designs