I love to read and escape into another time and place. Authors and publishers, I would be very pleased to receive books for review. If you would like me to review a book please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I mean to make you sigh as though your heart would break, and scream with the wanting, and at last cry out in my arms, and I shall know that I've served ye well.
And when my body shall cease, my soul will still be yours. Claire, I swear by my hope of heaven, I will not be parted from you.
I wept bitterly, surrendering momentarily to my fear and heartbroken confusion, but slowly I began to quiet a bit, as Jaimie stroked my neck and back, offering me the comfort of his broad, warm chest. My sobs lessened and I began to calm myself, leaning tiredly into the curve of his shoulder. No wonder he was so good with horses, I thought blearily, feeling his fingers rubbing gently behind my ears, listening to the soothing, incomprehensible speech. If I were a horse, I'd let him ride me anywhere.
"You are my courage, as I am your conscience," he whispered. "You are my heart - and I your compassion. We are neither of us whole, alone."
"Seems I canna possess your soul without losing my own."
"D' ye think I don't know?" he asked softly. "It's me that has the easy part now. For if ye feel for me as I do for you - then I'm asking you to tear your heart out and live without it."
"I do not know if the wound is mortal, but Claire - I do feel my heart's blood leave me when I look at you."
I've been tagged by Heather over at BURIED IN BOOKS!!! Apparently you want to know more about me. So here we go! I'll answer some questions and then pass the tag on to four more bloggers.
4 Things in my Handbag
* many different lipsticks and lip gloss * a pen and some paper in case I get inspired * my wallet * my NEW Sony Reader!
4 Things in/on my Desk
* framed pictures of my kids and one of me and the hunky hubby * one of those green banker lamps * my laptop * every office supply you could think of (I am a teacher you know...got to be organized!)
4 Favorite Things in my Bedroom
* my chaise lounge (I bought it just for me....my place to escape with my books!) * a small glass-top table from Pier One that holds books and a basket with writing tools * picture of me and hunky hubby on our wedding day * does the hunky hubby count? He is a favourite in the bedroom (if I'm in the mood!)
4 Things I Always Wanted to Do (but haven't yet)
* write a romance novel * visit the Scottish Highlands * travel throughout Europe with my husband * visit the country I was born in (Guyana) since I haven't been there since I was 2
4 Things I Enjoy Very Much at the Moment
* blogging * writing * reading * having some girls over to just gab and drink pomegranite martinis
4 Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head
* Lost Without You by Robin Thicke * Don't Leave Me Girl by Blackstreet * OMG by Usher * Unthinkable by Alicia Keyes
4 Things you Don't Know About Me
* I was born in Guyana, South America * Put me in a room with people I don't know and I am the shy one! * I am a romantic * I had 5 pets at once as a kid: guinea pigs, fish, dog, cat, bird....My poor mother!
Now, I will pass this on to:
* Augmented Gem * The Things We Find Inside * CMash Loves to Read * Blog O' The Irish