Monday, July 25, 2011

Book Review for "How to Seduce a Scoundrel" by Vicky Dreiling

How do you seduce a scoundrel? If you are anything like me, you cannnot help but be drawn to the bad boy, the feverishly sexy guy you know you shouldn't want, but do anyways. Wouldn't you want to know HOW to seduce him, to make him yours, not just for now, but for always? Well, do you bat your eyes at him? Do you display your luscious bosom in a sexy but classy gown? Do you laugh at his witty remarks and play a little hard to get? Well, my fellow romance lovers, the answers are here for you in Vicky Dreiling's second novel,
"How to Seduce a Scoundrel".

Our heroine, Julianne Gatewick, needs to seduce a scoundrel, and not just any-old-scoundrel. We are talking about her brother's best friend, Marc Darcett, the Earl of Hawkfield (aka Hawk). How do you seduce a man that you've known since you were a little girl, a man who is reputed to be a complete rogue, a man whom you have loved since you were 9 years old? Julianne is determined to make Hawk hers, but how does she convince him that she is no longer his innocent little Julie-girl, but a beautiful, engaging woman?

Hawk had no idea that being the guardian for his best friend's sister would be such a task! She has young bucks surrounding her at all times wherever she goes, and Hawk, being a man, knows EXACTLY what is on their minds, and it's not sharing a game of lawn bowling! Soon enough, Hawk realizes that Julianne isn't a little girl, but a exceptionally beautiful woman with curves he would like to stroke and eyes he could loose himself in and hair that he could sink his fingers through. Wait. This is his best friend's sister. He cannot have these desires for his Julie-girl. It's not right...or is it?

I really enjoyed this book. In fact, I think I liked it more than the first book! I laughed at the banter between Hawk and Julianne and you could just feel the chemistry building between them. The scene where Julianne and her girlfriends get sloshed at an evening soiree is hilarious! The secondary characters are meaningful and memorable. I think Lady Rutledge stole the book. She is Hawk's aunt who is a no-nonsense, tell it like it is kind of gal. I loved her. She encourages Julianne to write a pamphlet to help the single girls ca
tch a man, with many of the ideas coming from Lady Rutledge herself.

This is a great summer read where the characters learn and grow. With the help of Julianne's true love, Hawk learns to forgive himself for a grave mistake in his past. Julianne learns that there is more to love than just outward appearances. What's beautiful is on the inside of both a man and a woman.
I received an advanced copy of this book via NetGalley, courtesy of the publisher.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely review, Mandy!

    Vicky Dreiling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky,
    Thanks so much for reading my review. I truly did enjoy this book. I cannot wait for your third installment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Mandy :)

    Books where the characters grow -- that's the sign of a talented author!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a skill with drawing me in with the 1st line of your blog posts.Whoazzers on 'feverishly sexy guy' I think my hearts a racing a touch. Okay, I will back down the homone train over here :)

    Brother's best friend- I like that twist. And who doesn't love a rogue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Russo....I am glad that I can rope you in! Rogues...they are truly beautifully bad men!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs All Images from MagicalReality Designs